Wednesday, 30 October 2013

Henry Shires Moment DW Tarptent - Update.




Just a short few lines to update the Garden Review of the Moment DW. Having been getting some distance walking in and stopping over night and returning the next day I have been able to test out the Tarptent. The tent when packaged sits very well in my Ultrahike 60 litre sack still allowing plenty of room for all my other possibles in the drysack. Once out of the tent bag the Moment only takes a moment to get up, the poles go together very quickly and easily, they have never got stuck or caught in the fabric tent arch. The pole sits neatly in the end sections of the tent. I am getting to grips with ensuring that either end of the tent runs in line, other wise it makes the adjustment of the sheet difficult, but apart from that I find it so easy to erect.

I like the two door option especially as it allows you to get at your daysack quickly a good storage area. The tent has quite spacious areas for storage of my rucksack allowing plenty more room, theirs more than enough room in the sleeping area i'm only 5'9 I believe you tall fellas would have no issues. 

If I  had one area which I think could be improved it would be the securing area for secondary guy lines, near the foot of each pole, currently a plastic clip, which has allowed my guy ropes to slip out of. Hey, its so minor though.

The taking down and putting away is so simple and quick not had an issue and it always fits into the bag even if not folded neatly, unlike some tents that when wet and difficult to fold / roll and stow tend not to fit into the tent bag.

Overall, I am so pleased with my purchase from Henry Shires a good quality tent at a reasonable price, even after paying import tax etc. I will not buy another tent it do's everything I want, if i had to get a replacement it would be the Henry Shires Tarptent Moment DW.

Thanks for reading.

Paul

2 comments:

  1. At least you had poles ..............

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha,Ha, poor old Steve...he did well though.

    ReplyDelete