Thursday, 14 October 2010

A few spoons old and new.

Just a short blog to post some photographs of just a few spoons that I have carved. A long way to go before I reach a good standard though.

Hazel,Hornbeam,Sycamore woods.

Woods as above these are some of my first attempts.

One of my favourite woods that I use a lot Blackthorn.

Blackthorn

Small Blackthorn spoon

Blackthorn

Two recently carved spoons. Spalted Blackthorn (never found this before) & Hornbeam.

Spalted Blackthorn

I found some lovely spalted Blackthorn that was incredibly hard to carve but the wonderful grain made all the hard work worth it.

2 comments:

  1. wooow nice spoons,great job
    gr. Edward

    ReplyDelete
  2. Edward, my goodness just been looking through old posts. Thank you for your nice comment. So sorry that I did not reply earlier.

    Paul

    ReplyDelete